Planning to Move Australia ?
While moving to a new city, naturally, one would focus on the costs and logistics of the move. But ever wondered about the actual cost of living ?
It is essential to be prepared, especially if heading towards the harbor city of Sydney.
Varying Living Costs Around Australia
Listed below are certain supplies that may be expensive or cheaper in the new city.
Groceries and Clothes
It is generally viewed as if you leave Sydney; you save money. To quote an example, consumer prices are 13.25% lower in Brisbane than in Sydney.
But, if you move to a smaller city, you will have to pay more for your basics. If you move from Sydney to Hobart or Darwin, your housing and transport costs are lower, while you will pay a bit extra for weekly grocery shopping.
In case you move to a bigger city, and in a suburban apartment, you will have limited choice for grocery shopping, while an outer suburb will provide cheaper supermarkets nearby.
Clothing differs with the region. You may have to refresh your wardrobe while moving south from Queensland; if it’s Melbourne, you need different outfits according to the season.
Top 10 Online Grocery Shopping Stores in Australia
- Indo-Asian Grocery Store
- Coles Supermarket
- Friendly Grocer:
- Foodworks Supermarket
Looking out for rentals
Sydney has the most expensive rent while Adelaide is most affordable, followed by Perth.
Owning a house
Buying a house in Sydney is expensive than in other cities, while a house in Hobart is much more affordable.
- The leading property portals in Australia are:
- Realestate.com.au with 26 million visits per month
- Domain.com.au with 12 million visits per month
- Realestateview.com.au with 2.6 million visits per month
- OnTheHouse.com.au with 2 million visits per month
- AllHomes.com.au with 1.6 million visits per month
- Rent.com.au with 1.3 million visits per month
- Property.com.au with 800k visits per month
Dining Out and Socialising
Dining out in a new city may cost more than you anticipate, and the costs of food items vary according to the cities. For example, a cappuccino cost is $4.48 in Perth, $4.01 in Sydney, and $4.78 in Darwin.
For someone moving from Sydney to Melbourne, you would find a three-course meal cheaper in Gold Coast and Darwin.
Another thing that affects the cost of living is public transport. A ferry ride and commuting by train are different experiences in the country. While moving to a regional or a small capital city, it is better to rely on a car as your mode of transport.
If you have a school-going kid, education tops your priority list while deciding where to move. There is a wide split between public and private schools in Melbourne, and the options are few.
The costs of private high schools vary widely and are the highest in Sydney. The most expensive Catholic school is in Brisbane, and you can find a good deal in Canberra. Government schools’ cost varies considerably, the higher in Sydney and Melbourne and the lesser in Hobart and Adelaide.
Top 10 Universities in Australia
- Australian National University (ANU)
- University of Sydney
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- University of Queensland (UQ)
- Monash Universit
- University of Western Australia (UWA)
- University of Adelaide
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- University of Wollongong
Things To Note While Moving To A New City
Apart from the expenses, moving cities is also about setting up a new life in a new place. Before relocating, consider the following points
- If you know someone from school or work from the same area, reconnect with them. They can enrich you with the local knowledge and may also connect you with some friends.
- Depending on the locale, you might want to consider the sport. For example, if moving to Nullarbor, you will have to broaden the sporting horizons.
- Consider the demographics if you wish to encounter like-minded people. A young parent might not want to move into a locality filled with retirees and vice versa.
- Also, consider the atmosphere; if you are used to living in a city, a quiet place like Hobart might not fit you.
To get in touch with Fusion Relocations please call or email us. You may also reach us on 800-FUSION (387466)
Tags : Moving to Australia, Relocation to Australia, Shipping Goods to Australia, Moving to Australia from Dubai, Moving Company in Dubai, Car Shipping from Dubai, International Moving Company, UAE to Australia Relocation Cargo Service, Australia Relocation Cargo Service